Win a family break in Hertfordshire terms and conditions
- The prize will be an overnight stay, dinner and breakfast for two adults and two children at The Grove, entry for two adults and two children to the Hertfordshire County Show, four rope course tickets for Vertigo Adventures.
- The promoter is Visit Herts whose registered office is at 28-30 St Peter's Street, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2BQ.
- To enter the competition, you must be: a UK resident and aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Proof of age may be required.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of Visit Herts or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, you must complete the entry form on the competition page
- The competition entry period starts on 23rd April 2019 and closes at 23:59 on 12th May 2019.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Winners will be selected at random on 13th May 2019.
- The winner will be contacted on the same day as the draw by email. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of the notification being sent, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and re-draw an alternative winner.
- The decision of Visit Herts in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Visit Herts is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third part connected with this competition.
- Visit Herts reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any event outside of the Visit Herts control.
- No cash alternatives to the prizes will be offered.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prizes with others of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, prizes do not include any personal expenditure or other incidental costs other than those agreed by Visit Herts.
- Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- If Visit Herts has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of winner(s) or any entry), Visit Herts reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entry, entrant or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- Visit Herts does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failure of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties.
- Visit Herts is not responsible for the safety of any person(s) participating in winning experiences.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Visit Herts and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from: a) any postponements or cancellations of the competition; b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize; c) any act or default of any third party supplier.
- By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- By entering this competition, you consent to Visit Herts collecting and processing your data to determine a competition winner.
- If you also opt-in individually to receive email updates from any third parties associated with this competition, you consent for us to share your data with the parties you have selected and for them to send you promotional emails only in the future. They should give you the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- If you opt-in to receive email updates from our competition partners, please ensure you read their specific privacy policies to understand how they will handle your data
Terms and conditions for each prize:
Family Ticket for the Hertfordshire County Show
- Valid for up to 2 adults and 3 children
- Valid on either 25th or 26th May
- By accepting the ticket you agree to all terms associated with a purchased ticket
Four Rope Course Combination tickets at Vertigo Adventures
- To participate on the low ropes, visitors must be a minimum of 5 years old, and 1m tall. For the high ropes, visitors must be a minimum 8 years old, and 1.4m tall.
- There is a maximum weight of 120kg (subject to harness and helmet fit).
- The course is open in all weathers, so please dress appropriately. Closed toe and closed heel shoes are required. Long hair must be tied back, waists covered, with no strappy tops. Body piercings and jewellery must be removed.
- Parking is payable onsite.
- Tickets subject to availability
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast at the Grove Hotel
The prize includes an overnight stay for a family of four, dinner and breakfast at and full use of our leisure facilities including Sequoia spa.
This voucher is valid for six months, is non-refundable and must be redeemed in full, in one transaction. Reservations must be made in advance. Vouchers may not be valid on selected dates such as Christmas, New Year, Easter weekend, Bank Holiday weekends or school holiday periods and are subject to availability. Voucher includes one bedroom, which can accommodate a family of four – two adults and two children aged 12 years or under. Additional rooms must be booked and paid for in full. Voucher does not include beverages.