6 ways to spend New Year's Eve in Hertfordshire
Everybody has a different idea of what the perfect New Year’s Eve entails, whether it’s a simple gathering of friends or perhaps something a little more ‘out there’ and sophisticated, there are always plenty of choices. We've rounded up our top ‘going out’ options throughout Hertfordshire, so take a peek at our 6 favourites below, and get planning the ultimate end to the year!
1. Hertfordshire offers many opportunities for an elegant New Year’s Eve. One such chance is staying at the Laura Ashley Manor hotel in Elstree. The night begins with a red carpet welcome, followed by a champagne and canape reception. However, the food is certainly not just canapes, and guests are in for a real feast with a 5-course meal, topped off with a (weather permitting) chilled glass of champagne overlooking the city of London and its various firework displays. The hotel even still has a few rooms available, to make the night extra special.
2. For something a little more rural, head to Pendley Manor hotel, situated just outside of Tring. Offering a 5-course Gala dinner, with music set in the background by a live jazz band this December 31st. However, the evening certainly doesn't end after the food! This hotel has a unique Shakespeare Bar where you can while away the evening over a drink, or for those in the mood to party, the Peacock Lounge is the place to go if you're looking to dance until midnight. When the clock strikes, guests will be given a glass of champagne to see 2018 in. And, as Pendley Manor also has a spa, it’s the perfect place to book in a treatment in the following days, as a way of beating the dreaded January blues!
3. Dating back to 1322, a New Year’s Eve party at Down Hall in Bishop’s Stortford is one of the finest, most luxurious ways to see the New Year in. This year the hotel hosts a black-tie ball, featuring a four-course dinner and a half bottle of wine for guests. However, being Down Hall, guests will even find casino tables on the night, perfect for a game (or two...) of roulette or Black Jack in the run up to the champagne toast at midnight.
4. Outside of the many possibilities for a New Year’s party, there's always a big worry for those with little ones. Not to fear, this year the Holiday Inn at Elstree has you covered! The hotel is holding a New Year’s Eve Family Party from 7pm, complete with a children’s entertainer and DJ, and accompanied by a 2-course buffet, offering a wide variety of food from curries to vegetarian lasagna. The under 3’s are even welcome for free and there are a wide range of ticket prices on offer for all budgets.
5. For the people of St Albans, the prestigious Sopwell House is holding not just one, but two different New Year's Eve parties! The first is in The Restaurant, which holds 2 AA Rosette’s. Champagne is served on arrival, shortly followed by canapes in the sophisticated Cocktail Lounge before the executive chef curated menu is served, finished off by dancing the night away in the Lounge Bar. However, for those of you who want to see in 2018 with even more elegance, Sopwell House is also putting on a black tie Grand Gala Dinner Evening, where you will be treated to a banquet and lively music. Both of the evenings are brought to a close by enjoying a spectacular fireworks at midnight!
6. Being spoilt for choice appears to happen at The Grove too, where you can choose from three different ways to spend your New Year’s Eve! The first is open to both guests and non-guests, at the Glasshouse where a buffet style dinner is served overlooking the formal gardens, making for the perfect vantage point to take in the breath-taking fireworks which all of the nights' options include. The second is set to be a showstopper at Colette’s, the hotel’s flagship fine dining restaurant. You can enjoy a five course, seasonal menu, before enjoying a glass of champagne as you head outside and ring in the new year with a bang. The final way to see in 2018 at The Grove is the most eclectic for guests of the hotel, not only will you enjoy champagne on arrival, but you will be treated to a 3-course meal, with a live band and DJ playing in the background, setting you up perfectly for the midnight display.