Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 (HYOC2020) is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity.
Culture means many things to many people, so whether you are a community group, dancer, artist, historian, singer, knitter or are part of an organisations who sees the benefits of taking part in culture across the county, we want you to celebrate, share and enjoy as many cultural opportunities as you can during 2020.
The campaign is being led by the Hertfordshire Association of Cultural Officers which has identified five broad objectives to support the year:
- Celebrate, share and explore Hertfordshire's arts, culture and heritage
- Enable access and participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audiences
- Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage
- Showcase parthways to education, employment and enterprise in creative and cultural industries
- Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working
HYOC2020 will be a collaborative, high profile promotional campaign largely using social media to promote new and existing cultural activity across Hertfordshire.
There will be:
- 12 themes months to help focus activity, each co-ordinated by a lead organisation.
- Key events taking place across the year.
- Activities and experiences to attract new audiences
- New opportunities to bring people together, develop new partnerships and share skills
A toolkit will be available to help organisations or group leaders to promote their activities. It’ll include the campaign logo, a poster and other useful information on how you can take part such as how to create your own profile and add events to Creative Hertfordshire, our HYOC2020 What’s On guide. A HYOC2020 mascot will also be available to appear at activities and events throughout the year.
The HYOC2020 Co-ordinator will promote messages and events about the campaign throughout the year and will link with our partner organisations to get these messages out over social media. A monthly newsletter will be emailed to campaign supporters to report on the previous month’s activities, what’s happening that month and a heads up for the year ahead.