Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 (HYOC2020) is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity.
In the light of the current situation regarding the Coronavirus, we understand that many upcoming events will be cancelled. If you are planning to go to any #HYOC2020 events, please first check with the event organiser and consider the government guidelines before attending. You can find the latest advice on the Hertfordshire County Council Website.
- DOWNLOAD our latest Newsletter
- Our HYOC2020 Launch Film is now available to view on YouTube!!
- Use #HYOC2020 to share your thoughts and ideas with us and the rest of the County's creative community.
- To find out what's on in your area or to publicise your event, visit Creative Hertfordshire, our online What's On guide or follow #HertsCreativeCalendar
Download and complete our Activity Form to let us know your plans for 2020 and we'll send you a toolkit which contains everything you'll need to get involved!
Culture means many things to many people, so whether you are a community group, dancer, artist, historian, singer, knitter or are part of an organisations who sees the benefits of taking part in culture across the county, we want you to celebrate, share and enjoy as many cultural opportunities as you can during 2020.
The campaign is being led by the Hertfordshire Association of Cultural Officers which has identified five broad objectives to support the year:
- Celebrate, share and explore Hertfordshire's arts, culture and heritage
- Enable access and participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audiences
- Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage
- Showcase parthways to education, employment and enterprise in creative and cultural industries
- Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working
HYOC2020 will be a collaborative, high profile promotional campaign largely using social media to promote new and existing cultural activity across Hertfordshire.
There will be:
- 12 themes months to help focus activity, each co-ordinated by a lead organisation.
- Key events taking place across the year.
- Activities and experiences to attract new audiences
- New opportunities to bring people together, develop new partnerships and share skills
Our toolkit is now available and will be sent out when we receive your completed activity form. It includes the campaign logo, a poster and other useful information on how you can take part such as how to create your own profile and add events to Creative Hertfordshire, our HYOC2020 What’s On guide. YOCI, our HYOC2020 mascot is also available to appear at activities and events throughout the year.
We'll promote messages and events about the campaign throughout the year and will link with our partner organisations to get these messages out over social media. A monthly newsletter will be emailed to campaign supporters to report on the previous month’s activities, what’s happening that month and a heads up for the year ahead.
- Complete our Activity Form to let us know what you're doing during 2020
- Download the HYOC2020 Factsheet and share it with your partners
- Follow @HYOC2020 on Twitter and Instagram and @HertsYOC2020 on Facebook using #HYOC2020
- Make sure you have an up to date profile and your events listed on Creative Hertfordshire
- Join our mailing list using the form below: